Information to Patients who are about to have surgery in Dr Marianne Duvenage Rooms:
When you arrive for your scheduled appointment for surgery under local anaesthesia, you will not be charged for a consultation, only for the procedure!
Before the Surgery:
- Please have a decent breakfast the morning of the procedure.
- Try and wear comfortable loose clothing which can be washed afterwards.
- Most people can return to work afterwards, except where many lesions were removed. Please ask doctor for sick note for your employer or school.
- Make sure that you know for how long doctor wanted the appointment, e.g. Thirty minutes or one hour. Failure to specify this to the secretary, may lead to insufficient time being allocated for the procedure, which means that the procedure will have to be rescheduled, at everyone's inconvenience.
- If you are bringing a child for surgery, please ask about EMLA-patches or cream – this can be applied two hours before the procedure to reduce the pain of the injection. Unfortunately the EMLA alone does not give total anaesthesia, so an injection is still necessary.
- If you are reporting for surgery on the face, please remove all make-up before you arrive.
- If you have ever had a bad reaction or experience to local anaesthesia, please inform doctor in advance.
- Should you be allergic to plasters, please inform us.
Please inform doctor if you are on any of the following medications as they may cause excessive bleeding and complicate the procedure and healing process:
The following homeopathic products may also cause excessive bleeding and need to be stopped 48 hours before the procedure:
- Devils Claw
- Dong Quai (angelica sinensis)
- Garlic Ginger
- Ginkgo Biloba